- Dietary Fats
- Vitamins and minerals
Friday, 16 May 2014
Nutritious Food using Blenders modern Kitchen Appliances
Do you know why smoothies are great for kids? Smoothies contain fruits and vegetables. Fruit and vegetables are essential for providing nutrition to the human body. In addition, they provide minerals, vitamins and natural substances that help protect the body against diseases. These nutrients are potassium, folate, fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C antioxidants and phytochemicals. Taking these regularly helps one to prevent diseases like osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and scurvy.
All that we eat consists of the following.
Our regular diet gives us the required amounts of proteins and carbohydrates. Eating fruits or vegetables helps us get our vitamins, minerals and water. One quick and easy way to achieve this, and one tasteful excessively, is to imbibe smoothies.
Advantages of smoothies
a. Contain fiber
b. Stores longer
c. Easier to drink
d. Tastes great
e. Great nutritive value
f. Refreshing summer day drink
Fiber is essential in every diet. For elderly people, these serve to slow down sugar absorption and ensure proper digestion. Anything in liquid form is easy to store and consume. There is less amount of fuss and the nutritive value remains assured. This drink does not contain unnecessary fats or sugars and helps one become refreshed. You can easily get rid of excess body weight.
You can make smoothies out of anything. Vegetables and fruits combine well with each other and other ingredients like nuts to give you a delightful range of exotic flavors.
Prepare Fruit smoothies
Dice Oranges or mangoes and pour milk. Blend it and add a drop of vanilla flavoring.
One can also add cooked greens, carrots or tomato juice for taste.
Prepare Vegetable Smoothies
Cooked soya beans, pumpkins and tomato juice make a good combination. Add some mustard greens or spinach for variety.
You can top your smoothies with nuts or powders. Make sure that you include some or all of the ingredients that are nutritive.
1. Lentils, chickpeas, soya beans are all rich in fiber. Fiber reduces the incidence of coronary artery disease and aids digestion. It also slows down the absorption of sugar.
2. Pumpkin, carrot, turnip, cooked greens, tomato paste are rich in potassium. Potassium helps maintain good healthy levels of blood pressure.
3. Green pepper, broccoli, pineapple, oranges, mangoes, tomato juice and sweet potatoes have high content of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps prevent scurvy, heals cuts and bruises, helps maintain healthy gums and teeth.
4. Mustard greens, spinach, sweet potatoes, turnip greens, carrots and cantaloupe are rich in Vitamin A. It is essential for maintaining healthy skin and serves as protection against infection.
5. Cooked spinach, asparagus, and black-eyed peas are rich in folate. This is helpful for woman avoid bearing children having spinal cord or brain defects. Many of the aphrodisiac foods are made of the above ingredients.
Choosing your blender
· There are two choices for the average person. Choose from expensive and powerful models like:
o The Blendtec HPA-631-26 Blender (costs $521.99, has 1560W motor and six speed settings)
o Vita-Mix 748 Blender (1500W motor, 64ounce jar, cost $483.99)
· Alternatively, one can settle for the economy model. Pick from:
o The Ninja Professional Blender (cost $145.99, 1100W motor with 1, 2, 3, single settings and pulse)
o The Ninja Master Prep Pro (costs $59.99, 450W motor, pulse setting)
One can store or clean blenders easily. Most of the parts except for the motor are dishwasher safe and one can dismantle them quickly. The blender helps one to prepare salsa and sauces too. Preparing smoothies is no longer a chore but a delight. Moreover, you know now why smoothies are great for kids.